Until September 2023, I was professor of algebra at the University of Graz (Austria), as head of the Algebra and Number Theory research group. As a postdoc, I held a FWF Erwin Schrödinger Postdoctoral Fellowship, visiting the University of Waterloo (Canada), from February 2018 through September 2019, and Dartmouth College (USA) from October 2017 through January 2018.
- Noncommutative algebra and ring theory
- Factorization theory
- Multiplicative ideal theory
- Quaternion algebras
- Noncommutative rational series (and connections to automata theory)
- Monoids of modules
- (2023-09) In October 2023, I will join the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics at the University of Ljubljana as Associate Professor.
- (2023-09) I will receive the ÖMG Förderungspreis 2023 (prize of the Austrian Mathematical Society) at the Meeting of the Austrian Mathematical Society 2023
- (2023-03) I have received funding for the FWF grant P 36742, Modules, Monoids, and Factorizations (€ 406,240).